Would you like to know how to cleanse your oily skin and face and the best cleansers to use? We will discuss both how to and best face washes, toners, soaps, body washes and facemasks you can use. We will also give you best brands of each of these products that can guarantee you the best results.
How you cleanse your skin that is oily has an impact on how it will behave. Furthermore, you need to be careful about which cleaning products you will use. We are going to discuss in details all best cleansers, toners, face washes, soaps, body washes, and facemask.
Best Cleanser– face masks, soaps, face and body washes
If you are looking for some of the cleansers you can use for your oily skin, we have all of them here. While looking at these cleansers, we decided to break them down to face washes, body washes, soaps, and facemasks. In each of these types of cleansers, we will also give you the best brands in the market for each.
When choosing the best cleanser, you need to go for a product that will effectively get rid of all the accumulated dirt in your skin pore. However, it should not be very harsh as it can easily cause irritations. Furthermore, if it causes so much drying, it will trigger excessive secretion of sebum.
Generally, the best cleansers for oily skin should contain some of the below properties and you should always check to see if the specific cleanser you are considering has them:
- Should have a low pH and amino fruit acids
- Should be fragrance-free to avoid irritations for people who have oily and sensitive skin types
- Having benzoyl peroxide will be a good idea since it helps in reducing oil amounts secreted by sebaceous glands.
- Should cleanse without leaving it dry i.e. hydrate it.
- Should be astringent if you want to get some drying effect but the amount of alcohol present should be low to avoid too much drying.
- They should not strip the important natural oils or protective oil layer, as they are required to protect your skin.
Other the above, you need to know if it oily and sensitive at the same time and select your products accordingly.
Best exfoliators and scrubs
An important part of taking care of oily skins is exfoliating or scrubbing it. Ensure you exfoliate it at least twice a week but not more than 4 times a week to get rid of the dead thick skin layer that might clog pores and cause breakouts, white bumps, etc.
When choosing the best exfoliating products go for those with salicylic acid that exfoliates its surface and inside the lining of your pores. They should also have anti-inflammatory properties.
If you are looking for best exfoliating products for oily skin, you need to consider the following:
- Clarisonic Cleansing System
- RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA
- Garnier Nutritioniste Pure Microbead Cream
Alternatively, you can decide to go for homemade exfoliators and scrubs such as lime juice, egg and sea salt mixture (1tsp, one egg and half a teaspoon of lime), almond + honey scrub, oats scrub, cucumber scrub, strawberry +oats+ line juice scrub, etc.
Face washes – Which one is good
When buying the best face wash for this skin type, you need to ensure it keeps it hydrated while getting rid of most of the oil from your face. Without a good face wash, you are likely to be affected by blackheads, acne, etc. Some of the products might dry it too much until it becomes flaky or not cleanse it adequately.
Generally, when choosing the best face washes for oily skin, they should be free from sodium lauryl sulfate, which foams, as it will strip all the oils away and this can trigger more oil production.
When you are looking for the best face wash brands, you need to ensure these face cleansers will give you the best results. We reviewed a number of products to determine some of the best face washes in the market. Here is our list:.
- Olay Combination/Oily Foaming Face Wash
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser – normal to oily
- Glytone Exfoliating Gel Wash,
- Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask
- Bioglycolic – Cleansing Gel – Jan Marini
- Clarisonic Refreshing Foaming Gel Cleanser
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser Pink Grapefruit
- Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
- PCA Skin Facial Wash for Oily-Problem Skin
- DDF Blemish Foaming Cleanser
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
- Clean and Clear Continuous Control Cleanser
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
- Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash
- Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh Deep Clean Face Wash Mint Extract:
- Lacto Calamine Deep Cleansing Face Wash:
- Saslic Foaming Face Wash
As you can see, the list of the best facial washes for oily skin is long and it continues. Ensure you see users’ ratings, comments, and their reviews. Furthermore, see what experts are saying in their reviews.
Best body washes
When you have this skin type, you need also to consider the type of body wash you use for cleansing your body. There are many products on the market course. Some of the best body washes to go for include the following:
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Body Wash Pink Grapefruit
- Avon – Clearskin® Blemish Clearing Acne Body Wash
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash for Clean
These are not the only body washes for oily skin. There are many other good brands from some of the leading manufacturers. However, before you invest your money on any of the mentioned brands, you need to ensure you have reviewed each product independently.
Best soap including bar soaps
When looking for the best soaps, always go for oil based natural soaps while avoiding the very harsh cleansers, which you are promised, will get rid of all the oils clogging our pores. The soap could have mild anti-acne properties. Furthermore, you can also go exfoliating soaps, clay-based soaps or scrubs.
If you are looking for the best bar soap brands, there are so many in the market. However, you need to ensure they will help in cleansing and protecting your skin. Some of the best ones to consider include the following:
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Cleansing Bar
- Clinique – Formula Facial Soap
- Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar by Purpose
- Clinique Liquid Facial Soap – Formula Clinique
- Dove Sensitive Skin Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub
- Olay Definity Pore Redefining Scrub
- Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser
- Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, Oil-Free
The above list is not all-inclusive. Furthermore, you need to ensure you have read expert reviews and user comments before buying any of these soaps.
Oily skin toning is very important since it helps to re-firm it once you are through with cleansing. Ensure you choose a good brand. Generally, these toners should be oil-free.
If you do not know, the role of toners is to remove any trace of cleansers you use, shrink your pores, ensure pH balance, protect and revitalize your skin. Pore shrinking helps in reducing penetration of contaminants from the environment and impurities.
If you went for astringent toners (alcohol containing), they can help in drying it, soothing it against any possible inflammations and conditioning before you moisturize it. This way they protect it. Some of the ingredients you should look for in these toners include witch hazel, glycolic acids, alpha hydroxy, etc.
Furthermore, some toners will contain soothing ingredients such as allantoin, panthenol, rosemary, etc. However, if you want something natural, go for lemon juice, tea tree oil (especially if you have acne).
We reviewed a number brands, saw what users were saying, experts and their ratings before coming with the below list of best oily skins toners. This list is not all-inclusive. We are neither recommending any of the below. So what are some best brands?
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion
- Loreal Hydrafresh Balancing Revitalising toner
- AHAVA Mattifying Toner
- Pure-Fect Skin Micro-Exfoliating Purifying Toner
- Burt’s Bees Garden Tomato Toner for Oily and Troubled
- Solstice Scents Botanical Toner
- Simple Soothing Facial Toner
- Earth Science Clarifying Herbal Astringent for Oily & Combination
- Anthony Logistics Oil Free Face Lotion for Men
- Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel Toner
Before you buy any of the above brands, you need to ensure they are suitable for your use. Read user reviews and ratings on each of these best toners to avoid being disappointed.
Which facial masks can you use?
If you are looking for face masks for oily skin, you can decide to go for the natural face masks that you can make at home or buy them.
Since most of the people who have this skin type tend to be prone to acne, you need to get good facial mask type that will be effective even for people who have acne. In terms of their roles, they will help in cleansing and condition it.
If you are looking for the best face mask, you need to consider brands such as St. Ives Mineral Blue Clay Firming Mask or Ole Henriksen Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel is a good face peel if you want something better than face masks.
Best face masks brands
Facial masks are a powerful way of dealing this skin type. If you are looking for some of the best facial masks brands, you should consider going for the following top brands:
- Dabur Uveda Clarifying Face Mask For Oily and Sensitive Skin
- Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask
- Ahava Purifying Mud Mask
- Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask
- Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask
- Yes To Tomatoes Total Treatment Facial Mask
- MyChelle Cranberry Mud Mask
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
These are not the only brands; you can get many other leading brands. Furthermore, instead of buying the above brands, you need to consider going for natural ones such as 1/2 cucumber +1 egg white +1 teaspoon lemon juice + 1 teaspoon of the mint face mask, strawberry yogurts face mask, banana (1 ripe banana, 1tps of honey, a lemon or orange) face mask, etc.
How to cleanse an oily skin – tip
We have seen various cleansers, which included facial washes, body washes, best soaps, etc. To ensure you do it perfectly, we intend to give you a few of the important tips to follow when cleansing it for best results.
- The first tip is investing in a good brand of cleanser. This will ensure it is well cleansed without being too harsh on your skin. Avoid going for any of the cheap over the counter cleansers.
- Use warm water when cleansing your face. Avoid washing your face more than twice or three times a day. You might run into such temptations.
- When washing your face, gently massage your oily skin cleanser or soap for about a minute and thoroughly rinse it off by splashing your face with water more than 20 times.