Would you like to know the best sensitive skin sunscreens, razors, electric shavers, shaving creams, gels or forms? Get insight on each of these and much more.
Before you read this highly informative article, I want to emphasize that you need to ensure you have protected your sensitive type of skin from direct sunlight and use shaving solutions that are designed this type.
Best Sunscreen or sunblocks, summer and winter care
What sunscreen for sensitive skin should you use? How will they help you? Get answers to these questions as well as how to take care of it during summer and winter seasons.
During summer – sunny
While looking at the causes, we mentioned something on the role of weather, i.e. too hot or cold weather (exposure too much sunlight as well as cold).
Although we all long for the summer season when it is sunny, the season is not the best or people who have skins that are very sensitive. Exposure to direct sunlight i.e. UV rays, will mutate skin proteins, destroy your its cells, cause redness, and stinging feeling or a reacting popularly known as photosensitivity.
While choosing sunscreen to use for this skin type, it is recommended to go for one that has a product with SPF of at least 30 i.e. SPF 30 and above.
Furthermore, you, therefore, need to go for products that will offer physical block to sunshine such as titanium oxide or zinc oxide instead of relying on products that are potentially irritating such as cinnamates, PABA or benzophenones. These ingredients in sunscreens deflect UV rays of light instead of absorbing them.
Best Sunscreens brands
If you are wondering which best sunscreens brands (sunblocks or SPFs) to use, we looked at several products. Some of the good products which many positive reviews and satisfied customers include the following:
- Cleure Natural Zinc Oxide Sunscreen SPF 15
- Lavanila The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40
- Neutrogena – Sunblock SPF 30 and 60
- Banana Boat Baby Tear-free Sunblock SPF 50
- Face Cotz – Sunscreen SPF 40
- Vanicream – Sunscreen SPF 60
- Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid SPF 50
- Dermalogica Super Sensitive Faceblock SPF 30
- Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen SPF 30
- Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Stick SPF 60+
- Solbar AVO SPF 32
- California Baby SPF 18 Moisturizing Sunscreen
- California Baby SPF 30+ Sunscreen Lotion Super Sensitive-Fragrance Free.
- Dermalogica Super Sensitive Face Block SPF 30
- Elta MD Skincare UV Daily SPF 40
- Hawaiian Tropic Oil Free – Continuous Spray Lotion
You should always wear it one when you expect to go to the sun for more than 20 minutes. This is particularly very important from 10 am to 4 pm when the sun’s UV light is most damaging.
In addition, on the use of sunscreen, you need to ensure you have applied your sunblocks or screens at least 20 minutes before leaving your house. You should also wear a hat that is wide-brimmed, sunglasses, women clothing to cover your arms and legs as well as avoid sunbathing on direct sunlight even if you have your SPF on.
Finally, you need to reapply your these sunscreens after 2 hours, when you go swimming, perspiring or sweating heavily.
Care during winter and fall – cold, chilly and dry
Just like summer, winter and fall will cause havoc too. The wind and dry chilly air will take away all the moisture. People who live in areas that are humid are lucky while those who live in areas that are dry need moisturizing humectants that contain glycerin.
This will help prevent moisture loss as well ensure your skin is hydrated.
You need to avoid overheating your home, taking hot showers, but instead take warm showers using a soap-free cleanser.
Shaving it: best razors, creams, electric shavers & aftershaves
To people who have sensitive skins, shaving with the normal razor or creams might cause irritation. Some people experience bleeding and breakouts as they are shaving. This coupled with poor shaving techniques or hair removal often worsens the situation where people will end up with ingrown hair that is very stubborn.
We are not going to the details of how to shave different body hairs as we have covered this topic in details. See more on hair removal. Instead, we will focus on the best shaving razors, gels, foams and creams for this skin type. We will also mention something of the best aftershave to use.
When shaving, you need to get a good razor that suits it. There are many razors for sensitive types of skins that are overhyped in the market and if you tried them, they will not give you the best of results.
We tried a number of shaving razors for both men and men to establish which brands are the most suitable. So what are some of these razors?
Best hair removal razors for men
Men need to know which best razors to use, especially when shaving their beard. There are many leading brands in the market. Some of the common ones that will suit you well include the following:
- Noxzema Sensitive Skin Razor
- Schick Quatro Titanium
- Schick Quattro – Disposable Razors 3
- Gillette Fusion Power Phenom Razor
- Schick Slim Twin disposable razor
- Azor – Razor + 3 4-blade cartridges
Best electric shavers for sensitive skin
If you prefer using an electric shaver on your skin that is very sensitive, you have the choice of going for rotary or foil shavers. Generally, rotary shavers will ensure you have a close shave and it does not pull hair at all. If it are very sensitive, consider going for wet or dry shaving process where you will be able to use your cream or gel.
If you are looking for some of the best electric shavers for sensitive skins, here are some you should consider:
- Philips Norelco 7310 Men’s Shaving System
- Panasonic ES8103S Pro-Curve Wet/Dry Rechargeable Linear Pivot Action Shaving System
- Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Pulsonic Shaver System
- Philips Norelco AT810 Powertouch with Aquatec Electric Razor
- Remington FR-750 Pivot and Flex Men’s Rechargeable Shaver
- Best Rated Electric Shaver for Men with a Sensitive Skins
Hair removal razors for women
Women who have sensitive skins need to be very careful whenever they are shaving their hairs. They too would not wish to have irritations, reactions, bleeding or redness after shaving. Some of the best shaving razors for women include the following:
- Venus Embrace Smooth 5
- Schick Intuition Razor
- Gillette Venus Embrace Womens Razor
- Noxzema Super Smooth Triple-Blade Disposable Shavers
- Conair LWD375WCSV Satiny Smooth Ladies Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver
- BIC Soleil Disposable Triple Blade Shaver
- Gillette Venus & Olay™ Razor
Shaving creams, gels, and foams for hair removal
While shaving the hair, you might reduce irritation by using a good shaving cream, gel, or foam. These products will reduce the effect of the various razors you will be using. Some of the best shaving gels, foams and creams you should consider include the following:
Best shaving gels
Men who find shaving painful, itchy and irritating should opt for the below shaving gels. They will ensure you have a wonderful shaving experience and do away with most of the side effects of shaving.
- Gillette: Moisturizing With Aloe + Cocoa Butter Fusion Hydra Gel
- Men’s Zone
- Nivea for Men Shaving Gel
- Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Shave Gel
- Shave Gel Edge For Men
- Aveeno POSITIVELY SMOOTH(r) Shave Gel l Shaving Gel
- Satin Care – Shave Gel
- King of Shaves Alphagel – Shave Gel
- Sensitive Shaving Gel – Sensitive RANGE
- Dollar Tree – Shave Gel for Men
- Avon – SKIN SO SOFT Fresh & Smooth Shave Gel
- Gillette Series Shaving Gel
- Dollar Tree – Shave Gel for Men
Best shaving Creams – Top Brands
Although they do the same role, there is a slight difference between shaving gels and creams as the gels foam on slight agitation. Their main difference is their forms. Some people claim gels will give better and closer shave than creams. If you are looking for the best brands here are some of the best brands:
- Vanicream Shave Cream
- Neutrogena Men®
- Noxzema Medicated Shave
- Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Unscented Shaving Cream
- Natural Skin Care for Men Shave Creme – Burt’s Bees
- Every Man Jack Shave Cream, Fragrance-Free
- Sake Infused Shave Cream by Kyoku for Men
- Sensitive Shave Cream™ – Men’s Skincare
- Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose Shaving Cream
- Geo F. Trumper Rose Soft Shaving Cream
- Nancy Boy Cucumber Replenishing Shave Cream
- Art of Shaving Unscented Cream
- Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream for Women,
- Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Cream
- Barbasol Shaving Cream
Best sensitive skin shaving foams
If you want to soften your hair before shaving, you could go for shaving foams. Some of the best brands for people whose skin is sensitive include the following:
- Gillette Shave Foam
- Biotherm Shaving Foam
- Series Shave Foam – Gillette
- Nivea for Men Sensitive Shaving Foam
- 14652 North For Men Shaving Foam – Oriflame
- Gatsby Shaving Foam
Best sensitive skin aftershave gels, balms, liquids, powders
This refers to the products you apply on your skin to sooth it after you have shaved it. It could be a balm, gel, lotion, cream, liquid or powder in its form and it play a number of roles other than soothing it. When choosing aftershave, you keenly need to check on their ingredients to ensure they will not cause irritation.
Some of the best aftershave brands you should try included the following:
- Neutrogena Men® Post Shave Balm
- Tend Skin Liquid
- Baxter of California After Shave Balm
- D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk
- Institut Karite Moisturizing After Shave Balm
- Cetaphil Moisturizer
- Dermalogica Barrier Repair
- Shaveworks The Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion
- Barc Bump Down Razor Bump Relief
- Jack Black Clear Complexion Razor Bump and Acne Treatment
- Baxter of California Razor Bump Relief Exfoliating Gel
- Gillette Series After Shave Lotion
Generally, on shaving sensitive skin, it is recommended that you avoid shaving products, which have alcohol, preservatives, fragrances, antibacterial detergents etc, as they will serve to worsen the situation.
Furthermore, you also need to be gentle, invest in some of the best shaving blades, creams and aftershaves. If you suffer from too much ingrown hair or rashes, you should try various treatments available.