The struggles of finding a good concealer are real, especially one that works for your specific skin type. Oily skin is an especially difficult one to cover up with makeup as it is shiny, greasy and a home ground for acne.
But there is hope. There are actually concealers out there that provide good coverage and get the job done.
All-purpose: Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer $48
A concealer so good it wins awards and is a best seller used by professionals, celebrities, critics, and fans all over the world.
The truth is, it seems like everyone loves this product. It comes in a classy tub- which makes the expense worthwhile. But we picked it because it is also wonderful for extremely sensitive skin. Because being often leads to acne, breakouts and black spots, it is important to have a concealer that is gentle on the skin while hiding its flaws.
This original formula promises to “correct, conceal and contour with…complete coverage.” These are some of its attributes:
- It’s made with hydrating minerals, honey and jojoba oil for soft skin
- It has no parabens, sulfates or phthalates
- It can be used on all skin types and tones
- It is long wearing so you can have it on all day without problems.
- It’s also waterproof so feel free to sweat, swim or cry.
According to the website, Kevyn Auction managed to create “the most iconic, versatile, skin-perfecting makeup product in the beauty world today.” A little self-tooting there, but reviews say sometimes you just have to blow your own horn for being so good.
A small bit goes a long way and with this concealer, you need only a “rice-grain sized” amount and you’ve covered most of your face. It also takes no time to settle and even better? It doesn’t crease. None of that walking around like a broken cake anymore.
Tip for application
- Use only a small amount, like seriously, a tiny dot will get a lot done.
- Using the concealer brush, put a small amount n the back of your hand or the heel of your hand for better control.
- Blend using a foundation brush if you want good coverage
- Add a primer for sheer coverage.
- To use it as a highlighter, chose one shade lighter and highlight using a concealer brush. Highlight where light naturally falls on the skin.
- To contour, use one shade darker and blend it in with a foundation brush.
Easy and versatile NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer£24.00
I wrote about this in my article “Best concealers for dark circles.”
While Nars is incredible for covering up dark circles, it can do so on the oily sensitive skin as well.
This is what I previously wrote about it:
People love Nars for its versatility in coverage. It can be used when you want light coverage for a normal day, medium coverage when needed and heavy coverage for full face make up days. If that’s not great enough, Nars concealer also has the following attributes:
- “It is Paraben-free, Alcohol-free, Synthetic fragrance-free, Noncomedogenic”
- It provides hydration the skin needs to remain healthy
- As it is long lasting, you can wear it all day without worrying about it getting cakey
- It hides exhaustion marks
- It improves softness and as a result, the complexion of your skin looks better
- Can be used on oily skin because it is gentle
Word on the street – reviews
This concealer is loved for its creamy soft texture, and ease of blending. Its greatest selling point, however, is how adaptable it is and the coverage it provides for dark spots, acne, blemishes and any other skin irritation that you may encounter. This is especially important for oily skin as it is susceptible to all the above more than other skin types.
Tip for application
It is so easy to blend that it can be used even without a beauty blender. Follow with a light powder to allow it to set.
“Apply a few dots under eyes, or anywhere you want to skins and blend with your finger or a flat concealer brush.”
One for women of color – Black Opal
For women of color, they can go for Black Opal Flawless Perfecting Concealer.
Finding makeup shades for colored women is difficult at its best and unavailable at its worst.
Black Opal has made this affordable concealer in a simple lipstick tube.
“specifically, for women of color,” that had us wondering why we hadn’t heard of it sooner. The independent
It is not only affordable but also quality. These are the reasons why:
- A crème concealer that is lightweight.
- Designed to hide skin imperfections and discolorations.
- Contains skin protecting vitamins A, C, and E.
- Easily blends without being too cakey.
Word on the street
This is an underrated concealer with immense benefits. It stays put all day and is easily blendable. The best thing about it, however, is its darker shades that cater to darker women.
Tips for application
It only calls for a simple blend.
Lightly blend some on the necessary areas and then follow with your next step.