You know there is a very big problem when you can’t undress in front of your partner because of dark ugly spots on your buttocks. Dark inner thighs and buttocks can also prevent you from wearing your favorite sexy swimsuit during summer.
This is a very common condition that affects a substantial number of people. In this article, we are going to we are going to look at the causes and treatment of spots or dark pimples bumps or spots on the bum. We don’t want this to affect your sex life, social life and lower the general quality of your life again.
The following are some of the causes of dark spots on buttocks. After going through them, you will realize that this problem can be prevented by avoiding some of the causes.
You may be a clean person, taking your baths daily but that won’t prevent pimples on your butt if you don’t clean it. Most people always forget their bottom when taking shower. If you are one of them then the accumulation of dirt, dust and dead skin can cause dark spots on your bum.
Post acne scars
Dark spots on your butt could be a reminder of the pimples you once had in the past. After pimples healing, they might leave behind dark spots also known as post acne scars. Not all people who have had acne on their butt get scars. Scars will only appear depending on the kind of treatment you used.
Wearing tight clothes
Wearing tight underwear such as thongs can restrain blood flow thus causing dark spots on your butt. Tight underwear also causes friction on your buttocks; this contributes to the formation of a dark pimply rash on your butt.
If you always have dark spots on your buttocks during pregnancy then, you should blame it on your hormones. A lot of changes happen to a prospective mother during the gestation period. Some of these changes can cause a darker bum. Use of certain medication can also be what causes dark spots on buttocks and thighs.
Folliculitis is the inflammation of hair follicles. It can happen due to a bacterial or fungal infection. Folliculitis results from a blocked pore that becomes infected. This condition causes painful and itchy bumps on the buttocks.
Hyperpigmentation of the skin
Hyperpigmentation is a condition in which patches of skin become darker in color than the surrounding skin. The darkening occurs when the body produces excess melanin. Melanin is the pigmentation that produces normal skin color. Hyperpigmentation is usually harmless and can affect the skin color of people from any race.
Dark spots on the butt can also be a result of exposure to excess sunshine, or strain from sitting for longer periods of time. Other people claim that the condition can also be hereditary. (even though there is no supporting material)
Home remedies for dark spots on butt
Scratching is not one of the ways of how to get rid of spots on your bum but most people with this condition always do it. The result is always a worse condition because scratching will make the pimples itch even more. Scratching will also spread the dark bumps to other areas. Here are some of the ways on how to clear dark spots.
We all know that eating Oranges will provide your body with Vitamin C. but do you know that orange peels are also very valuable? Orange peels are used to remove stubborn tan from the skin. Orange peel is a strong antioxidant and using it on your butt will give you clear and brighter skin. The peel has also got strong anti-microbial properties which makes it suitable for treating acne and oily skin.
- First, you need to dry the peels then crush to make a powder.
- Take 1 tablespoonful of the powder and mix it with natural yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area using your hands in circular motion. If doing it by yourself is hard then ask someone to massage the area for 2-3 minutes. Orange peels are one of the best black spots removers and can be used on other parts of the body including the face and neck.
Lemon juice for dark spots
Lemon juice has been used as an organic bleaching agent to lighten dark spots for a long time. This is because Lemon is acidic in nature. It’s, therefore, a very strong exfoliating agent.
- Squeeze the juice out of one lemon (use only fresh lemon juice because processed juice may contain chemicals that can harm your skin)
- Use a cotton ball to rub the juice directly on the dark spots on your butt.
- Leave it for 8-1o minutes to dry then rinse it off with clean water.
Potatoes for black spots removal
Potatoes have got bleaching properties that can help fade away the spots on your butt. The starch content in potatoes also reduces pigmentation and enhances the natural glow of the skin. Potatoes have also gout Vitamins which nourishes your skin.
- Cut a potato into thin pieces and use it to rub over the dark spots on your butt.
- Do this overnight before going to bed, then wash it off with clean water in the morning.
Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera is a natural black spots corrector. This magic plant has been used for thousands of years to treat skin and other conditions. Aloe contains strong anti-bacterial properties that can help fade the black spots. Aloe contains anthraquinone which removes dead skin naturally. This leads to brightening the skin.
- Extract the gel from Aloe Vera leaves. You can use a blender.
- Clean your butt with mild soap then gently massage the gel on your butt.
- Let it sit on your skin for at least 20 minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this consistently until you start seeing changes.
Oatmeal is a very strong exfoliating agent and it removes dirt and dead skin cells therefore whitening the skin. Oatmeal has also got lipids and proteins which help moisturize and nourish the skin. Oatmeal has amino acids which lighten scars, dark spots, and discoloration. Oatmeal has got no side effects.
- Cook plain oatmeal in plain water
- Allow it to room temperature
- Apply it on your butt and leave it to dry.
- Rinse it with warm water and then pat dry
- Do this consistently until when you see changes.
Creams and laser treatment
There are several other ways you can you as a dark spots remover;
Try buttock whitening cream
Most dermatology shops sell different types of creams for dark spots on buttocks. Most of these creams have been made with bleaching agents. You can check out some of these creams here. One of the negatives about these creams is that they may contain harmful substances. Some users have complained about dark spots appearing again immediately they stop using the creams.
This is a new technology that uses light to eradicate skin conditions. In the case of dark spots on your butt, a beam of light will be focused on the affected area, the intense rays will destroy the pigments causing the dark spots.
Laser therapy is quite expensive and therefore may not be an option for most people.
Prevention for black spots on butt
- Wash your butt regularly to avoid dirt and dead skin from forming dark spots. Ensure you use a good scrubber on your butt when taking a bath.
- Avoid wearing tight underpants because they cause friction leading to dark spots
- Stay hydrated by taking lots of water.
- Apply a moisturizer on your butt before going out.