Who are you when no one is watching? Are you always scratching itching pimples on your bum and thigh areas? Or are you one of the few people who overstay in the washroom because they are popping butt pimples? You don’t have to answer this question, but I just wanted to tell you that you are doing the wrong thing. I know how spots on buttocks can be. The pimples on your bum can hurt especially when you try to sit down. But scratching them can worsen the situation.
So, what are butt pimples? If you have bumps on your bottom, you are suffering from a condition called folliculitis, normal acne among other conditions.
Folliculitis is the inflammation of the hair follicles on your butt. It can be caused by an infection from bacteria, fungus, irritation or blockage of the hair follicles. Folliculitis causes painful pimples on buttocks.
Causes of butt acne
Before I show you how to get rid of spots on your bum, it would be prudent to show you what causes pimples on your boom. As I had mentioned earlier, bumps on buttocks are mainly a bacterial infection. Finding out the causes of the bacterial infection is the same as finding the cause of the small bumps on buttocks.
- Excessive sweating – Bacteria infection thrives in dump places. If you sweat too much between your ass cheeks, then that is what causes pimples on your buttocks and thighs.
- Wearing tight clothes – Wearing tight clothes can lead to irritation that can cause painful pimples on your bum.
- Poor hygiene – If you don’t shower or don’t wash your clothes then you are breeding a haven for bacteria. These bacteria will cause blackheads on your buttocks.
How to get rid of pimples on your bum
There are several methods on how you can get rid of rid of acne on your buttocks.
Basic home products can offer effective bum acne treatment. Another advantage of using home remedies to get rid of a pimple like bumps on your buttocks is that you won’t feel the embarrassment of going to a doctor to seek medication. Here are some efficient ways to get rid of spots on your bum.
Ice packs can help reduce the inflammation, redness and the size of the painful bumps on your buttocks.
The cold temperature will also kill the bacteria causing the spotty bum.
- Put a few ice cubes in a towel and bundle it up
- Press it on the butt acne for 10-15 minutes
- Repeat the process a few times a day until you see the difference. Using ice is one of the quickest ways on how to get rid of spots on your boom.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has got antibacterial and antifungal properties which can help get rid of painful bumps on your buttocks.
The acidic nature of Apple cider vinegar can also unclog hair follicles and dry out the area affected by acne quickly.
- Add one cup of raw unfiltered water to a bathtub filled with the bath water. Soak in this bath for 10-15 minutes
Use tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a very powerful antiseptic and using it is one of the quickest ways on how to get a clear skin on your buttocks. The oil cleanses the hair follicles to accelerate the healing process of the painful bumps on this area.
Another advantage of using tea tree oil to treat butt acne is that it kills the causative bacteria and prevents it from recurring.
- Use cotton balls to dab the tea tree oil on the spots on your boom
- Let it dry then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a day and you will be sure to see changes within a few days.
Try Aloe Vera oil
Aloe Vera can treat almost everything because of its anti-microbial properties. Aloe vera will soothe your skin from the painful bumps on buttocks. It will also fight the bacteria that causes butt acne and prevent it from occurring
How to do it
- Cut open a fresh Aloe Vera Leaf
- Scoop out the juice. Another option is to blend the leaf and get juice from it.
- Apply the juice on the pimple like bumps on the buttocks.
- Allow it to dry then rinse it off with water.
Use Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer. Applying it on the painful bumps on your buttocks helps reduce redness and inflammation of the pimples.
Use Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide is a type of medication used to treat mild to moderate acne. It works by killing the pimple-causing bacteria and accelerates the skin to dry and peel off. It is the quickest way on how to get rid of a spotty bum. There are many forms of Benzoyl Peroxide, but the best one for your butt is the Benzoyl Peroxide body wash. Taking warm baths can quicken the healing process.
Cream for pimples on the buttocks
There are several products for treating buttock acne. But I must warn you that most of the products labeled acne cream for buttock acne are fake and just after your money. Do not use the cream meant for treating other parts of the body like the face because they don’t work. One of the products you can try is the Butt Acne Clearing Lotion – 4 fl. oz. this cream is made by Green Herb labs. It softens and clears butt breakouts within 24 hours. Amazon has so much trust in it that they guarantee your money back if you don’t see any changes. Try it out.
Avoid zinc products because zinc will make your skin too dry and the pimples will come back stronger.
They say the best treatment for any condition is to prevent it. Here are some ways in which you can prevent the spots on your bum.
- Ditch the tight clothes- Tight clothes irritate the skin leading to pimples on your bum., avoid them and you will not get pimples.
- Invest in cotton underpants and clothes – this is mandatory if you have a sweaty ass problem. The cotton clothes will absorb your sweat keeping your ass dry and thus free from pimple-causing bacteria.
- Stay fresh by improving your personal hygiene. Take regular baths for a fresh ass. Remember to take a shower immediately after working out to prevent sweat from clogging your ass. Wear fresh and clean inner pants and wash your clothes with mild soap.
- Drinking lots of water will also keep your body hydrated and detox the pimple-causing bacteria.
All bumps on buttocks are not necessarily pimples. Some are keloids. Keloids are smooth tissues which. Having pimples on the butt is a problem for many people and even though it seems embarrassing, seeing a doctor is highly recommended.