I have a pimple in my nose, what should I do? Whether you have a pimple on the tip or inside your nose, you deserve to know, not only how to get rid of it but also what causes it. We have all that and a lot more including meaning, cystic ones and much more.
Pimples in the nose are not usually the same as those on other parts of the surface of the skin. It is usually as a result of folliculitis which is caused by infection of hair follicles in the nostrils.
Mostly it is as a result of bacterial imbalances which could be triggered by a number of factors.
Pictures and images
When they occur here, they could indicate underlying problems in the body system. Those that form near the nose but close to the eyes could indicate poor functioning of the liver. They could also indicate insomnia, stress, and restlessness.
Pimples on the tip of the nose could be as a result of a faulty digestive system. This makes the skin to lack important nutrients.
The appearance of pimples on the sides of the nose also known as wings could be indicative of changes in reproductive and cardiovascular systems. They are likely to appear in this part if the affected people lead a passive life and move very little. These will result in poor blood circulation which causes them to appear here.
Apart from the above factors that could be associated with pimples on various parts of the nose, below we discuss more causes.
When nose pores block: The nose provides a perfect ground for breeding of bacteria because it is always moist and wet. When they get clogged, together with dead skin and bacteria, they can lead to pimples. When inside the nose are hard to treat because the environment cannot be changed.
To help take care of it, clean the nostrils using a cotton swab that has been dipped in an astringent. This will break down the bacteria and prevents the formation of newer pimples.
Nose Picking: It has sensitive nerve endings and can be damaged by frequent insertion of fingers into your nose. This leads to scratches and broken capillaries which if left untreated manifest themselves in the form of painful pimples.
Hair Removal: If scissors are used to trim hair, tiny nicks could result. These could get infected and erupt as a pimple if they are not removed. Hair follicles could also grow and block the pores. This irritates the skin causing pimples. To treat these, the hair has to be removed for healing to start.
Environmental irritants: There are a lot of chemicals irritants and dust debris in the air. These can easily be absorbed by cells on the lining triggering pimples to form after hours of exposure.
Excessive use of Antibiotics: Too much use of antibiotics could kill the good bacteria. Those that are left behind are bad ones that could cause infections which manifest in the form of pimples.
Big pimples on the nose if well-handled will disappear with no time but if carelessly handled they will end up scarring. Since these are most conspicuous, it is important to treat them as soon as they appear and in the most subtle way, one can.
On tip of nose
Pimples on a nose’s tip are quite conspicuous too. They can get unsightly if severe. Since they are hard to conceal, recurrent occurrence could cause a low in self-esteem in young adults. Knowing how to get rid of them would be important.
In or inside of nose
Pores inside a nose can get clogged and infected or inflamed causing painful pimples.
Also, this problem can be caused by ingrown hairs. They get trapped beneath the surface of the skin causing irritation and infection. If left untreated, they can get inflamed and scar. To get rid of them and avoid scarring, it is important to treat them as they appear.
Those inside your nostrils are difficult to treat because of their location and often can take several days to heal. One, therefore, has to be proactive and consistent to get rid of them.
Cystic Pimple on Nose:
Cystic pimples are caused by trauma to already swollen hair follicles or hormonal changes. They cause a lot of pain. The skin trauma and abrasions make the skin cells to be blocked. This then leads to the rapture of the sebaceous glands. What results is an inflammation disorder of the skin, which is what causes this cystic acne type.
How to Get Rid of them
Pimples in nose or nose can be quite conspicuous. There are no quick remedies to them but one can employ certain techniques to reduce their visibility in the most economical and healthy way. We discuss how below.
1. They should be cleaned at least two times in a day using warm water. A mild facial cleanser could also do. This removes oil, bacteria and dirt around it. This way it will not worsen and the skin will remain clean thus prevent recurrence.
2. The hands are always full of bacteria. To avoid more breakouts do not touch the pimples with bare hands. Squeezing and picking the spot causes scarring. No matter how attractive touching it may feel, it should not be done. Doing this and then touching other parts of the face spreads bacteria to other parts of the face thus increasing the number of pimples on it.
3. To reduce the size of a pimple, use an anti-bacterial face wash. Using tea tree based products works well when applied to the face twice daily. It effectively removes dust and bacterial infection thus reducing the size of a pimple quickly.
4. For inflamed pimples, use apple cider vinegar or lemon on it. This takes down the inflammation. It should be dabbed in the affected area to soothe it.
5. Applying ice on the nose pimple can also help to reduce swelling. Wrap it on a piece of cloth as putting it directly may burn the skin. Do this at intervals of thirty minutes using a new piece each time.
5. Applying lemon juice onto a nose pimple helps to dry the area. This is as a result of the acidic ingredients found in lemon juice which kill the bacteria. They also dry up the place ensuring that the bacteria do not return.